Regular maintenance for your computer
Everyday computer maintenance is very important for keeping your computer running well. Many precautions should always be taken such as adding anti-virus software or checking out websites before you download items. Here are some tips to keep your computer up to speed.
- Make sure you have a software like an antivirus or antispyware running
- Delete old emails and spam emails
- Power down your computer when done using it for the day
- Be cautious of what you download. Only download from credible sources
- Back up any important files to any kind of external memory
- Run a full system scan of your computer
- Empty the recycle bin to free up space
- Defragment the hard drive
- Evaluate the hard disk. Errors can cause problems down the road
- Look at updates and install newer software. Make sure to keep your antivirus up to date
- Get rid of old and unused programs - they just take up space
- Clean dust out of your computer with compressed air and q-tips. See the blog for tips on how to do this.
Follow these tips and your computer should stay in good shape for a long time.